We leverage our strong local presence and engage employees in local programs that bring a lasting benefit to communities and contribute to mutual enrichment.
340 initiatives worldwide in 2020
US$3.7m donated to support communities during the pandemic
We put a particular focus on promoting Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) to ensure the innovation of tomorrow.
To join us in our STEM your way journey, please write us at email@example.com.
Watch our video to see what we do in our STEM your way program across the globe.
Each one of our sites is also encouraged to develop and adopt a community investment strategy that has an emphasis on one or more of the following areas:
- Promoting technology and innovation: shaping the future contribution that the semiconductor industry will make to society.
- Philanthropy and social welfare: supporting charitable organizations and causes.
- Economic development: supporting individuals and small and medium enterprises in their economic development.
- Responsible environmental management: protecting the environment and helping to protect vulnerable communities from the impacts of environmental change.
- ST Foundation: engaging employees in ST Foundation’s Digital Unify program, aimed at bringing IT technology to less privileged communities.
We annually assess our contribution to our local communities using the methodology of Business for Societal Impact Corporate Citizenship (formerly London Benchmarking Group).
|Contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals|
Our commitments and programs related to Community and Education contribute to:
SDG target 4.3 - Ensure equal access for all women and men to affordable and quality technical, vocational and tertiary education, including university.
SDG target 10.2 - By 2030, empower and promote the social, economic and political inclusion of all, irrespective of age, sex, disability, race, ethnicity, origin, religion or economic or other status.
Objectives and performance are available in our Sustainability Report.