We leverage our strong local presence and engage employees in local programs that bring a lasting benefit to communities and contribute to mutual enrichment.
We put a particular focus on promoting Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) to ensure
the innovation of tomorrow.
389 initiatives from 33 sites
83% of initiatives linked to education
Our ambition is to prepare the future by supporting education in schools in all the countries where we operate. As a global leader in the electronics industry, we believe we can make a valuable contribution to raising awareness in young people about the importance of STEM subjects and inspiring the next generation to explore STEM-related careers.
Through our ‘STEM your way’ program, we invest in the future of the communities we support, sharing with young people our passion for science and electronics.
To join us in our STEM your way journey, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each one of our sites is also encouraged to develop and adopt a community investment strategy that has an emphasis on one or more of the following areas:
- Promoting technology and innovation: shaping the future contribution that the semiconductor industry will make to society.
- Philanthropy and social welfare: supporting charitable organizations and causes.
- Economic development: supporting individuals and small and medium enterprises in their economic development.
- Responsible environmental management: protecting the environment and helping to protect vulnerable communities from the impacts of environmental change.
- ST Foundation: engaging employees in ST Foundation’s Digital Unify program, aimed at bringing IT technology to less privileged communities.
We annually assess our contribution to our local communities using the London Benchmarking Group's methodology.
|Contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals|
Our commitments and programs related to Education & Volunteering contribute to:
SDG target 4.3 - Ensure equal access for all women and men to affordable and quality technical, vocational and tertiary education, including university.
Objectives and performance are available in our Sustainability Report.