ST_POWER_SPC58 training course
• Board designers
• Software developers
Duration: 5 days, 7 hours a day
Min/Max number of participants: 3-15
Alternating lectures, trainer-driven hands-on practical examples, group interactions with the trainer, and self-reflection time.
Training locations: for dedicated sessions at your training facilities, content can be tailored to further meet your needs.
(Contact us for public sessions or public seminars).
Certificate of Completion: A certificate of Completion will be delivered upon completion of the training course.
Prerequisites and related courses:
• Experience with a processor or DSP is mandatory.
See courses POWER_CPU_E200Z0, POWER_CPU_E200Z425, POWER_CPU_E200Z4D (SPC58H), CVT_AA_CAN, NET_STD_PTP and NET_STD_ETH.
• This course explains the architecture of the SPC58 to enable participants to efficiently design a board and implement the integrated memory controllers and peripherals. The following MCUs are covered: SPC58xEx, SPC58xGx, SPC58xNx, SPC58xHx.
• Based on SPC58NG-DISP board, GCC toolchain and Trace32 debugger.
• Related products & services Board design, schematics review, pre-layout review.
• SoC performance improvement.
• Bare-metal driver design.
Trainers are also experts able to assist customers throughout the design process
ARCHITECTURE OF SPC58XX (1-hour)
• Computational shell
• Peripheral domain
• Memory hierarchy
• Software debug and calibration
• Peripheral buses
• Memory mapping POWER, CLOCKING AND RESET (6-hour)
• Power supplies and reference voltages, power-up sequence
o Power supply monitors
o External regulators
o Internal regulator with external ballast
o Integrated switch mode voltage regulator (SMPS)
o Reset phases
o Reset Generation Module
o Boot Assist Flash
o System Status and Configuration Module (SSCM), UTEST flash, DCF records
o Clock Generation Modules
o Clock monitors
• Power Management Controller digital interface
o Power Control Unit (MC_PCU)
o Mode Entry Module (MC_ME)
• Wakeup Unit (WKPU)
• IO pads
o Hardware configuration
EMBEDDED MEMORIES (2-hour)
• Platform RAM controller
• Flash memory controller, flash organization
• Erase and program sequence
• Decorated Storage Memory Controller
Practical example: programming a flash erase and programming sequence
SYSTEM MODULES (5-hour)
• Interconnect parameterizing, introduction to AHB and APB buses
• XBAR switch and XBIC
• System MPU, comparing with CMPU
• Sharing exclusive resources: SEMA42 unit
• Interrupt controllers, 64 priority levels
• eDMA controller and DMAMUX
Practical example: configuring the eDMA to perform a memory-to-memory transfer triggered by a timer expiration
SAFETY MECHANISMS (3-hour)
• End-to-End ECC
• Lockstep, checker cores
• Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) Unit
• Memory Error Management Unit (MEMU)
• Indirect Memory Access (IMA)
• Fault Collection and Control Unit (FCCU)
• Self-Test Control Unit (STCU2)
• Register Protection (REG_PROT)
• Password and Device Security Module (PASS)
• Tamper Detection Module (TDM)
• Hardware Security Module ANALOG MODULES (3-hour)
• Overview of the integrated ADCs, sample transfer to memory using DMA channels
• Sigma-Delta Analog-to-Digital Converter
• Successive Approximation Register Analog-to-Digital Converter
• SARADC queued digital interface
• Temperature Sensor, determining device temperature
• Decimation filter
Practical example: programming a SAR acquisition sequence
FAST ETHERNET CONTROLLER (2-hour)
• Buffer management, buffer descriptors
• Connection to the PHY
• Received frame filtering
• Run-time statistics
• AVB support
• IEEE1588 frame timestamping
HARDWARE ACCELERATOR- AMU2 (1-hour)
• High performance floating-point arithmetic calculation engine
• AMU RAM (ARAM) memory storage
• Single-precision exponential function
• DMA channels to access operands and store results
COMMUNICATION MODULES (4-hour)
• CAN subsystem
• Serial Inter-Processor Interface (SIPI)
• LVDS Fast Asynchronous Serial Transmission (LFAST)
• De-serial Serial Peripheral Interface
• Inter-Integrated Circuit
• Peripheral Sensor Interface (PSI5)
• SENT Receiver (SRX)
CALIBRATION AND DEBUG MODULES (2-hour)
• Buddy device
• e200z4256 Core Debug Support
• Debug and Calibration Interface
• JTAG Controllers
• Sequence Processing Unit (SPU)
• Development Trigger Semaphore (DTS)
• Nexus Aurora Router (NAR)
• GTM Development Interface
• Emulation and Debug Device Introduction
TIMER MODULES (5-hour)
• System Timer Module
• Software Watchdog Timer
• Periodic Interrupt Timer
• Overview of Generic Timer Module GTM343
Learning delivery methods
• Lectures with supporting slides, use of projector.
• Review and execution of practical examples, provided by MOVE.B, using GCC compiler and Lauterbach Trace32 debugger.
• Trainees will participate in quizzes and learning checks at the end of each chapter.
• Each trainee will fill out and return a training evaluation form upon completion of the training course.
Trainer’s profile and expertise
• Our trainers regularly attend train-the-trainer courses with our partners to continuously improve their technical skills and knowledge on the latest components, technologies, and upcoming releases.
• Each attendee will receive a Participant Guide in pdf format.
• Learners should bring their laptops to the course; they will be able to navigate in the presentation and access the training content.
• Notepad and pen are provided.