The training first covers the general basics of BLDC/PMSM motors and their drive using Field Oriented Control (FOC). The training is covering the FOC control method and its implementation on STM32, including the different current sensing methods, sensors and sensor less topologies and other dedicated functions which are part of the STM32 motor control library. All theoretical presentations are combined with practical hands-on examples using the Motor Control Starter Kits, GUI, motor control libraries and real motors.
Who should attend this course?
- Engineers looking to better understand and implement the validation process for motor control applications
- Engineers looking for tips and tricks to improve their motor control designs
- Engineers who wish to fine-tune their motor’s PI controller and increase efficiency
Benefits you will take away
- You will learn about the common BLDC/PMSM motor types.
- You will first familiarize yourself with the Field Oriented Control basics and its implementation on STM32.
- You will practice the tools and motor control libraries of ST solutions.
On line course concept
- This course takes approximately 5 hours to complete, depending on your proficiency.
- BLDC/PMSM motors basics
- FOC drive theory
- STM32 general overview
- STM32 FOC implementation (sensorless algorithms, state observers)
- STM32 FOC library
- Motor Profiler, High Frequency Injection (HFI), OTF
- Tools, Starter kit, GUI
- Hands-on sessions
- Complete set of materials and software tools to be installed on MS Windows based system (7 or newer) are available within installation pack.
The STM32L5 is based on Arm® Cortex-M33 and TrustZone® technology combined with STMicroelectronics security implementation. On your STM32L562E-DK discovery board, TrustZone is disabled (factory setting) and you can develop as on any other STM32 device. This video shows how to enable TrustZone on STM32L562E-DK discovery using STM32CubeProgrammer and create, compile and debug or run a new project with STM32CubeIDE. It also shows how to open an example project delivered in STM32CubeL5 MCU Package, modify, compile and debug or run it. For further information, you can refer to AN5394 and AN5424 application notes.
Security has emerged as one of the 3 key areas that developers of embedded and IoT applications are thriving to improve. The STM32L5 microcontroller series is the solution and provide a new optimal balance between performance, power and security.
Download the free TouchGFX GUI software, try the Out-of-the-Box supported STM32H7B3I-DK, and eliminate the need for external ram, when developing your next embedded UI.