Developer of the first automotive class-D amplifier with digital input, ST supplies audio power amplifiers to the most important automotive audio makers for both premium sound systems and head units.
We offer a broad product portfolio covering all multi-channel requirements and continue to develop innovative solutions to always ensure the best sound quality combined with maximum energy efficiency and advanced features.
- High amplification efficiency ratings
- Robust automotive design with integrated protection against overstress conditions, such as short-circuits, electrostatic discharge (ESD), load dump, or over-temperature
- A very advanced diagnostics processor
- A proprietary feedback loop architecture, addressing the need for lower system cost and electromagnetic emissions
- Fully digital processing
- Ability to drive very low impedance speakers (as low as 1 ohm)
- Compliance with stop/start and hybrid engine standards
Power amplifier system for automotive applications
Get started with ST's FDA801 - Best Car Radio ClassD efficiency on the market - 4x50 W class-D digital input power amplifier with I2C diagnostics and low voltage operation
Recommended for you
New single-channel Class-D amplifiers with unique diagnostic matrix ensures high-end audio performance
Thanks to an innovative architecture that includes a low-pass output filter in the feedback loop, these devices offer high-quality sound at a reduced system cost. Moreover, supporting a very wide supply voltage range (from 3.3 to 18 V) they are the best fit for any automotive audio application including standard car audio systems to today's e-call and acoustic vehicle alerting systems (AVAS).