A scalable set of MCUs for a large variety of applications
The STM32 Mainstream series of 32-bit microcontrollers addresses a broad range of applications responding to a majority of converging requirements coming from various segments and applications. The well-balanced device architecture suits basic needs expected in consumer markets, where cost constraints and time to market are essential. Moreover, expectations for platform coverage and reuse of certified solutions are well understood as the three series of the STM32 Mainstream commonly support real-time control applications such as motor control up to complex digital power conversion designs. It is built to answer engineers’ requirements for affordable, robust and long-shelf-life systems.
Being part of the STM32 microcontroller ecosystem, developers benefit from an extensive set of development tools including the STM32Cube software and libraries as well as STM32 Nucleo/Discovery kits and prototyping boards.
- The STM32F0 Series is an attractive 32-bit MCU alternative to 8- and 16-bit microcontrollers for engineers looking at future-proofing their product platform and standardizing their development around the industry-standard Arm Cortex-M0 cores.
- The STM32G0 Series is a new generation of efficient microcontrollers based on Arm Cortex-M0+ cores delivering an upgrade in BOM cost reduction, performance, consumption and integration. The STM32G0 Series supports a wider portfolio in packages and memories while featuring the essentials of the STM32 family and is particularly well suited for cost-sensitive applications.
- The STM32F1 Series, the pioneer of the STM32 family of 32-bit Arm® Cortex MCUs, offers high performance with first-class peripherals paired with a high level of integration at accessible prices with a simple architecture and easy-to-use tools.
- The STM32F3 Series with its rich choice of advanced analog peripherals enables the most demanding real-time control for consumer and industrial applications.
- The STM32G4 Series serves all applications where an advanced and/or rich analog peripheral set combined with high-performance CPU is required.
A high degree of compatibility between the STM32F0, STM32G0, STM32F1, STM32F3 and STM32G4 MCU series ensures short development cycles for derivative projects by allowing maximum code re-use.
Read more about the benefits of the 32-bit Arm Cortex-M processor for MCUs here.
Discover the STM32G0 portfolio, ST’s Mainstream Arm® Cortex®-M0+ Series setting a new definition of what an efficient microcontroller must offer.
Efficient, robust and simple, the STM32G0 series is available with 16 to 512 Kbytes of Flash memory in 8- to 100-pin packages, satisfying the needs of a large variety of applications and segments.
The STM32G4 Series combines a 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M4 core (with FPU and DSP instructions) running at 170 MHz combined with 3 different hardware accelerators: ART Accelerator™, CCM-SRAM routine booster and mathematical accelerators.
New mixed-signal MCUs shaped for analog-rich applications
The new STM32G4 series combines Arm® Cortex®-M4 plus FPU and DSP capability with rich and advanced analog peripherals. It introduces two new mathematical accelerators (Cordic and Filtering) shaped for control applications (motor control, digital power, advanced measurements...).
- Reduced PCB size and BOM cost
- Mixed-signal SoC for a wide variety of applications
- Designed for motor control applications
A full set of evaluation boards enables flexible prototyping as well as full STM32G4 evaluation.