The STM32F427/437 lines offer the performance of the Cortex-M4 core (with floating point unit) running at 180 MHz while reaching lower static power consumption (Stop mode) versus STM32F405/415/407/F417.
Performance: At 180 MHz, the STM32F427/437 deliver 225 DMIPS/608 CoreMark performance executing from Flash memory, with 0-wait states thanks to ST’s ART Accelerator. The DSP instructions and the floating point unit enlarge the range of addressable applications.
Power efficiency: ST’s 90 nm process, ART Accelerator and the dynamic power scaling enables the current consumption in run mode and executing from Flash memory to be as low as 260 µA/MHz at 180 MHz. In Stop mode, the power consumption is 120 µA typical, which is 3 times lower versus the STM32F405/415/407/F417.
Graphics: As opposed to the STM32F429/439, the STM32F427/437 does not embed an LCD-TFT controller interface. However, it is possible to connect a display to the parallel or serial interfaces and still take full advantage of ST’s Chrom-ART Accelerator™ graphics accelerator performing content creation twice as fast as the core alone. This graphics accelerator supports efficient 2-D raw data copy, as well as image blending or image format conversion (mixing and transparency). As a result, the Chrom-ART Accelerator boosts graphics content creation and saves processing bandwidth of the MCU core for the rest of the application.
- Audio: 2 dedicated audio PLL, 2 full duplex I²S and a new serial audio interface (SAI) supporting time division multiplex (TDM) mode
- Up to 20 communication interfaces (including 4x USARTs plus 4x UARTs running at up to 11.25 Mbit/s, 6x SPI running at up to 45 Mbit/s, 3x I²C with a new optional digital filter capability, 2x CAN, SDIO)
- Analog: two 12-bit DACs, three 12-bit ADCs reaching 2.4 MSPS or 7.2 MSPS in interleaved mode
Up to 17 timers: 16- and 32-bit running at up to 180 MHz
- Easily extendable memory range using the flexible 90 MHz memory controller with a 32-bit parallel interface, and supporting Compact Flash, SRAM, PSRAM, NOR, NAND and SDRAM memories
- Analog true random number generator
- The STM32F437 also integrates a crypto/hash processor providing hardware acceleration for AES-128, -192 and -256, with support for GCM, CCM, Triple DES, and hash (MD5, SHA-1 and SHA-2)
The STM32F427 and F437 product lines provide from 1-Mbyte dual-bank Flash to 2-Mbyte dual-bank Flash, 256-Kbyte SRAM and from 100 to 176 pins in packages as small as 7 x 7 mm. With such memory integration, the need for external memory is reduced, allowing smaller, safer and low-emission PCB designs.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Get in depth knowledge with STM32 microcontrollers On Line Trainings
More and more devices have complex graphical user interfaces - much like smartphones - and ST's range of STM32 microcontrollers has a host of features which can be leveraged on a huge range of devices. We are constantly innovating to give you the performance you need!