The STM32G4x4 Hi-resolution line specifically addresses digital power conversion applications, such as D-SMPS, lighting, welding, inverters for solar systems and wireless chargers.
The main peripherals of the STM32G4x4 are:
- High-resolution timer: 184 ps, self-compensated versus power supply and temperature drift
- 5x ultra-fast 12-bit ADCs (4 Msamples/s)
- 7x 12-bit DACs (15 Msamples/s)
- 7x ultra-fast comparators (17 nanoseconds)
- 6x op amps with programmable gain
- ART, CCM SRAM, and mathematical accelerators
- Dual-bank Flash memory
The high-resolution timer consists of a bank of 7 timers totaling:
- 12 PWM outputs (can be coupled by pairs)
- 10 external events inputs (current limitation, zero voltage / zero current detection, etc.) and 6 fault inputs
The main features of the high-resolution timers are:
- 184 ps resolution available for all operating modes
- Variable duty cycle, variable frequency, and transition mode
- A number of features enable unloading the CPU
- Valley skipping and slope compensation
- One DMA channel per timer
- Built-in burst mode controller and topology specific modes: push-pull and resonant.
- Numerous interconnects between timers to:
- Reset/Start adjacent timers
- Set / Reset / Toggle other outputs
- Transparent high-resolution implementation (equivalent to 4.6 GHz timer) for easy programming
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32G4 Series combines a 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M4 core (with FPU and DSP instructions) running at 170 MHz combined with 3 different hardware accelerators: ART Accelerator™, CCM-SRAM routine booster and mathematical accelerators.