The Arm® Cortex®-M7-based STM32H7 MCU series leverages ST’s Non-Volatile-Memory (NVM) technology to reach the industry’s highest benchmark scores for Cortex-M-based microcontrollers with up to 1327 DMIPS/ 3224 CoreMark executing from embedded Flash memory.
The STM32H7 series includes three product line groups:
Dual-core lines: Arm® Cortex®-M7 and Cortex®-M4 cores can respectively run up to 480 MHz and 240 MHz enabling more processing and application partitioning. Dual-core STM32H7 product lines are available with an embedded SMPS for improved dynamic power efficiency.
- STM32H747/757: TFT-LCD, MIPI-DSI, JPEG codec
- STM32H745/755: TFT-LCD, JPEG codec, optional industrial temperature grade from -40°C to 125°C ambient temperature
Single-core lines: single-core Cortex®-M7 offers either great performance at 550 MHz or a unique combination of performance and power saving at 280 MHz and 34 µA (typ) in STOP mode.
- STM32H723/733: 550 MHz, TFT-LCD, Ethernet, dual Octo-SPI with on-the-fly decryption
- STM32H725/735: 550 MHz, TFT-LCD, Ethernet, dual Octo-SPI with on-the-fly decryption, SMPS
- STM32H743/753: 480 MHz, TFT-LCD, JPEG codec, Ethernet
- STM32H742: 480 MHz, Ethernet
- STM32H7A3/7B3: 280 MHz, highest memory integration, TFT-LCD, JPEG codec, Chrom-GRC™, optional embedded SMPS, dual Octo-SPI with on-the-fly decryption
Value lines: With an embedded 128 Kbytes Flash memory, the STM32H750/B0 MCUs are cost-effective STM32H7 devices.
- STM32H750: 480 MHz, 128 Kbytes of Flash, 1 Mbyte RAM, Ethernet, dual Quad-SPI
- STM32H7B0: 280 MHz, 128 Kbytes of Flash organized in 8 Kbytes sectors for flexible over the Air upgrade,
1.4 Mbytes RAM, dual Octo-SPI with On-the-fly decryption
- STM32H730: 550 MHz, 128 Kbytes of Flash, 564 Kbytes RAM, Ethernet, dual Quad-SPI, SMPS on some versions
STM32H7 devices embedding a crypto/hash processor support security services such as Secure Firmware Install and Secure Boot – Secure Firmware Upgrade enabling the installation of new application codes in a secured manner.
The STM32H7 single-core and value lines are pin-to-pin compatible with the STM32F7 series of very high-performance MCUs and STM32F4 series of high-performance MCUs for the most common packages (*).
(*): see datasheet for the specific case of 100-pin packages
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
STM32 step-by-step is a learning program, and is part of the STM32 Education initiative, designed for anyone interested in getting started on building projects with the STM32 microcontroller and its powerful ecosystem of development boards and software programming tools.
Getting started with STM32H7A3/H7B3
Download the new STM32CubeH7 embedded software package containing several useful examples for the Access Line. STM32CubeMX graphical software configuration tool will help you to refine pinout, clocks and memory partitioning and evaluate the expected power consumption