ST's portfolio of STSPIN stepper motor drivers spans from relatively simple ICs with current control and phase generation to more complex solutions.
They combine in a single chip all that is needed to autonomously drive a stepper motor using high-level motion commands coming from the motor or motion control system host – a microcontroller, DSP or FPGA.
Available in a large selection of space-saving, thermally-enhanced packages, STSPIN stepper motor drivers provide a ready-to-use, optimized solution for motor and motion control systems in a wide range of voltage and current ratings.
ST also offers a system-in-package (powerSTEP01) integrating both the control circuitry and a complete power stage (8 N-channel 16 mOhm MOSFETs) in a QFN package for compact, high-power stepper motor applications (85 V and 10 A).
The STSPIN portfolio comes with extensive low-cost evaluation hardware and software as well as a technical documentation toolbox to help minimize time to market.
The benefit of our 10 and 15 year longevity program is available for our industrial grade STSPIN motor drivers.
Recommended for you
Smooth & silent stepper motor driver
STSPIN820 256 µsteps capable, and 45 V rated stepper motor driver perfectly suits new-generation applications, thanks to:
- Extreme position accuracy and motion smoothness: with up to 1/256 microsteps per full step
- Integration of the PWM control and the power stage made by 500 mΩ RDS(ON) MOSFETs guarantees one of the best performance-cost trade-offs
- Easy step-clock and direction interface
- 7 to 45 V operating voltage for wide range of applications
- Maximum reliability: UVLO, over-current and thermal protections
- Compact 4 x 4 mm QFN makes it the smallest integrated microstepping driver with these ratings
Download the 3D printers white paper