The VIPerPlus series of high-voltage converters combines an 800 V avalanche-rugged MOSFET with a leading-edge PWM controller. With extremely low total standby consumption (less than 4 mW at 230 VAC) and high efficiency over a wide load range, VIPerPlus devices enable SMPS designs meeting the most demanding energy-saving regulations with enhanced reliability and scalability, and can cut in half the component count.
- The VIPer0P is characterized by a unique zero-power mode and is ideal for all SMPS up to 7 W with a wide input voltage range. The device also integrates an error amplifier and a logic-level MOSFET, simplifying the design of compact and ultra-low consumption SMPS (buck or flyback) with a 5 V output voltage.
- The VIPerPlus series 1 integrates an error amplifier and a logic-level MOSFET that makes it possible to build a simple and ultra-low consumption SMPS (buck, buck-boost or flyback) with a 5 V output voltage. A unique overvoltage protection and the 18 VDC drain voltage start up make it robust and reliable.
- The VIPerPlus series 5 provides the highest efficiency using a quasi-resonant topology.
- The VIPerPlus series 6 integrates an error amplifier to meet the most advanced SMPS requirements, reducing the part count.
- The VIPerPlus series 7 features brown out and overvoltage protection for improved reliability.
- The VIPerPlus series 8 offers peak power capability to sustain 1 to 2 second overloads for enhanced robustness.
A plus in reliability
800 V avalanche-rugged power MOSFET, thermal shutdown, soft start, short-circuit protection and auto-restart features.
A plus in efficiency
High efficiency over a wide range load and best-in-class in standby with less than 4 mW at 230 VAC.
A plus in integration
Direct feedback, jittered switching frequency for low EMC, embedded HV start-up, embedded SenseFET MOSFET, and clamp-less design.
A plus in versatility
Power scalability from a few watts up to 15 W, with optional auxiliary winding, and available in through-hole or SMD packages, supporting all SMPS topologies.