Based on the advanced proprietary trench field-stop (TFS) structure, ST’s 600 V IGBT V series features extremely low switching-off energy (Eoff) combined with low conduction losses for increased efficiency in high switching frequency applications such as welding machines, solar inverters, induction heaters, UPS, PFC and SMPS. IGBTs are belonging to the STPOWER family.
Turn-on energy losses are also minimized thanks to a co-packaged ultra-fast recovery freewheeling diode. Tight control over parameters combined with a positive VCE(sat) temperature coefficient enables safe paralleling of multiple IGBTs for higher power requirements and design simplification.
Rated from 20 to 80 A, the 600 V IGBT V series devices are also extremely robust thanks to a maximum operating temperature of 175 ˚C and high dV/dt capability. Diode-free variants are also available for more cost-sensitive applications.
STPOWER IGBT main characteristics:
- Very-high-speed IGBT series (50 to 100 kHz)
- High robustness and reliability thanks to an extended max operating TJ of 175 °C and 600 V breakdown voltage
- Industry’s lowest Eoff for increased efficiency
- Positive temperature coefficient for safe paralleling of multiple IGBTs
- Several package options for different application needs
Our wide STPOWER product portfolio combined with state-of-the art packaging and protections for high reliability and safety helps designers find the right solutions for customized, high-efficiency applications that will last a long lifetime.