Driven by market needs, ST’s ESD protection devices, including transient voltage surge suppressors (TVS), clamping diodes and arrays, or Transils™, focus on:
- IEC 61000-4-2 compliance
- Protection efficiency with low clamping voltage
- Protection reliability with low leakage current
- Signal integrity with ultralow capacitance and ultrawide bandwidth.
Standard packaging options are available, as well as advanced options which include single- and multiple-line, compact, flat, and flow-through versions to optimize space constraints.
ST is now offering online ESD design tools with the TVS smart selector.
To learn more about ESD protection, pelase watch our new webinar to discover System Immunity solutions against Electrostatic Discharges.
In this video, we explain why it is important to protect against electrostatic discharges. We give a quick demonstration to show exactly what happens when you shoot at a microcontroller with an ESD gun!
During this one-hour webinar, you will learn how to make your electronic system more robust against destructive Electrostatic Discharges (ESD) by using ST ESD Protection components. Agenda : 1) ESD major root causes and EMC standards, 2) ST ESD Protections which can help to protect your application againts ESD, 3) Many real application examples demonstrating where protections play an important role, 4) How to select the best protection for your usecases
Recommended for you
Advanced USB ESD protection for cutting-edge microcontrollers
ST offers the industry’s widest range of ESD protection devices for microcontroller-based applications with USB interfaces:
- USB 2.0 low and full speed, with the USBLC6-2 and -4 series ensuring robust ESD immunity up to 15 kV (contact discharge)
- USB 2.0 high speed, with the USBULC6-xxx series whose ultra-low capacitance guarantees optimum signal integrity and ESD protection
- USB 3.1 datalines and Type-C connectors with Power Delivery and Alternate Mode support, with single- (ESDAXLC6-1Bxx) and multi-line ESD protection (HSP061 series) operating at bandwidths up to 10 GHz
- VBUS pin, kept safe from Electrical Over Stress (EOS) with the ESDA7P60-1U1M transient voltage suppressor featuring 700 W peak pulse power capability
To remove radiated noise from USB 2.0 high-speed and 3.1 links, the ECMF™ series combines both ESD protection and common-mode filtering.