ST’s high-speed ESD protection devices efficiently protect the highest speed interfaces such as HDMI, USB3.0, Ethernet, DVI, MIPI, MHL, DisplayPort™ or Thunderbolt.
- The highest bandwidth of up to 8.7 GHz that surpasses industry standards, securing full integrity of the high-speed signal
- Outstanding clamping voltage (VCL) preserving the interface controller ICs from any ESD events
- A wide range of packages including compact µQFN, WLCSP, and industry-standard SOT
ST’s high-speed ESD protection solutions offer a comprehensive PCB layout approach with two options:
- Flow-through configuration easing PCB design and interface testing, with the new HSP series
- Miniaturization with optimized pinout and small packages for board space and cost savings, amongst others
In this video, we explain why it is important to protect against electrostatic discharges. We give a quick demonstration to show exactly what happens when you shoot at a microcontroller with an ESD gun!
PEP01-5841, for Power over Ethernet supply lines
Introduction to surges – EOS and ESD – definition, standards, effects and root cause
For high-speed links
Ultra-low capacitance ESD protection devices
Discover the range of ESDA devices featuring an ultra-low capacitance, dedicated to the protection of both wired and RF high-speed links.
The ESDAXLC6-1BU2, for example, features robust ESD protection (up to +/- 16000 V) with only 0.4 pF line capacitance in order to offer a 10 GHz signal bandwidth. It is housed in a tiny ST0201 package of 0.18 mm² in order to provide the best PCB placement flexibility. An automotive version is also available as ESDAXLC6-1BT2Y, in SOD882T package.