Integrated circuits are exposed to several possible sources of stress coming from power and or data lines which can result in malfunctions or even lead to dramatic failures. To ensure that these circuits are remain reliable and operate correctly, it is important to include protection mechanisms.
ST's Protection and EMI filter portfolio offers a unique and comprehensive choice of high-performance components to ensure safe electronic system operation and immunity from electromagnetic interference (EMI).
Our rich portfolio protects integrated circuits against all types of electrical stress including:
- Power surges thanks to our high power-density Transient Voltage Suppressor (TVS) series
- High power surges thanks to our thyristor surge suppressor (TSS) series
- Electromagnetic noise thanks to our application-specific integrated products (ASIP) including common-mode filters (CMF) with integrated ESD protection and EMI suppression mechanisms using low-pass filters
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD) surges thanks to our low clamping ESD technologies
Produced with ST's technologies, they ensure the best protection and filtering performance for demanding systems.
Our solutions are housed in industry standard packages in addition to cost-effective alternatives such as Flat SMA and SMB high power density packages for TVS diodes, ultra-small and multi-line WLCSP devices for ESD and EMI filters.
From 5000 W SMC packages to 01005 and smaller, we help engineers with design simplification, space savings and cost optimization.
Our ASIP technology enables the horizontal integration of passive components into high-reliability silicon circuits and is compatible with the latest vertical integration trends such as SIP (System In Package) systems thanks to ultra-thin packages down to 80 µm.
Automotive-grade qualification for smart mobility applications
Automotive grade qualification (AEC Q101) and Automotive surge compatibility is available for our Automotive line-up that is rapidly expanding to meet the latest EV and Autonomous driving challenges.
All ST production sites adhere to the internationally recognized quality management standards ISO 9001 and IATF (international Automotive Task Force) 16949.
FREE WEBINAR EMC - system immunity against electrostatic discharges webinar
During this one-hour webinar, you will learn how to make your electronic system more robust against destructive Electrostatic Discharges (ESD) by using ST ESD Protection components.
During this webinar you will learn about:
- ESD major root causes and EMC standards
- ST ESD Protections, which can help to protect your application against ESD
- Many real application examples demonstrating where protections play an important role
- How to select the best protection for your use cases