Unlicensed 60 GHz RF millimeter-wave band usage opens new opportunities for short-range contactless connectivity by enabling unprecedented multi-Gigabit data rates.
The ST60 RF Transceiver for the 60 GHz band provides a very power-efficient wireless link with a high data rate, eliminating the need for physical cables and connectors for short range (a few centimeters), point-to-point communications.
ST60 offers best-in-class wireless performance with transfer speeds up to 6.25 Gbps along with very low power consumption.
ST60’s unmatched efficiency, very small form factor and innovative architecture for an optimized bill of materials, make it ideally suited for a wide range of applications in personal electronics, industrial applications, computers and peripherals.
Enabling connector-free solutions with our innovative ST60 transceiver
This tiny, optimized wireless link transceiver with a high data rate is a breakthrough for short-range, point-to-point contactless communications, as it offers:
- Board-to-board contactless connections
- to remove flex cables in electronics devices
- to remove cables in industrial electronic systems that undergo mechanical stress due to flexing and bending
- Connector-free solutions
- for water- & dust-proof wireless devices
- for seamless docking and on-the-go, device-to-device data synchronization
- for harsh industrial environments, to avoid exposing connector ports to environmental disturbances
- Contactless connector solutions for industrial applications
Here are some examples of innovative applications that can be designed using ST60 transceiver:
- Industry 4.0: for electronic systems operating in harsh industrial environments and undergoing mechanical stress that could break wired connections.
- to replace costly hardened connectors in equipment operating in harsh environmental conditions (dust, salt, vibration)
- to enable connections while ensuring physical or electrical insulation
- to allow machinery to be moved thanks to contactless connection, for example in rotating joins and hinges for robots
- Next-generation automated factories, such as smartphone production lines, to increase productivity and reliability, using machine-to-machine ST60 link to remove connector wear & tear, and speed up device testing with wireless connections, instead of manual cables
- Video surveillance cameras with 360° rotation
- Truly connector-less personal electronic devices such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops and wearable devices to offer worldwide consumers sleek designs, improving user experience thanks to a wide range of contactless accessories, and bringing innovative features such as ‘Tap & Sync’ between devices for fast and seamless exchanges of large multimedia content.
- Digital signage and LED displays such as display walls, Out-Of-Home (OOH) advertising displays, large-format displays, where current costly and inconvenient cables can be replaced with contactless connected display tiles and cabinets, which are easy to assemble by customers.
- Contactless medical equipment to reduce the spread of diseases.
And many more!