For automotive applications like headlights levelling/swivelling, climate flaps adjustments or Head-up Display (HUD) positioning, a stepper motor is often the ideal and cost-effective choice for your design. Thanks to its operation mode, a stepper motor runs through a discrete number of positions, so it can then be driven to move and hold at one of these steps back and forth.
ST offers the best-in-class solutions for stepper motor control, providing integrated drivers for bipolar two-phase stepper motors, capable of current controlled micro-stepping and embedding diagnostic features. Furthermore our SPC5 family 32-bit MCUs are the perfect choice together with voltage regulators and ESD protections to complete your billing of materials and start with application prototyping.
|SAMPLES-AUTOPMIC||Automotive Voltage Regulators & System Basis Chip Evaluation Tool||Quick view|
|EVAL-L99PM62-72||Evaluation board for L99PM62GXP and L99PM72GXP||
|EVAL-L99SM81VY||L99SM81VY EVALUATION BOARD||
|EVAL-L9942||Evaluation board for L9942XP microstepping fully integrated motor driver||
- Two 5V voltage regulators for microcontroller and peripheral supply
- Ultra low quiescent current in standby modes
- Programmable reset generator for power-on and undervoltage
- Configurable window watchdog and fail safe output
- LIN 2.1 compliant (SAEJ2602 compatible) transceiver
- Advanced HS CAN transceiver (ISO 11898-2/-5 and SAE J2284 compliant) with local failure and bus failure diagnosis, L99PM72GXP supports selective wake-up functionality as for ISO 11898-6.
- 3-channel contact monitoring interface with programmable cyclic sense functionality
- Programmable periodic system wake-up feature
- ST SPI interface for mode control and diagnosis
- 5 fully protected high-side drivers with internal 4-channel PWM generator
- 2 low-side drivers with active Zener clamping
- 4 internal PWM timers
- 2 operational amplifiers with rail-to-rail outputs (VS) and low voltage inputs
- Temperature warning and thermal shutdown
- Graphic User Interface (GUI)
- Bipolar stepper motor driving through L99SM81V device
- MOSFET reverse battery protection, with the possibility to replace it with two diodes through dedicated jumper configuration
- ISO pulse protection (not soldered)
- Normally powered at 12 V through a specific daughterboard connector
- Possibility to solder output capacitors at the motor terminals
- L99SM81V internal 5 V linear voltage regulator output connector available on the daughterboard
- The motherboard allows selecting the digital power supply of the L99SM81V between 5 V and 3.3 V through a dedicated jumper
- Input signal connector compatible with the SPC56 Discovery boards. Possibility to connect the board to further microcontroller discovery or control boards by a simple adaptor.
- Two output terminal blocks.
- Wide supply voltage range (VBatt ): 7 V ÷ 20 V.
- 2 LEDs for monitoring VBatt and EN signal.
- Device controlled and programmed via SPI.
- L9942 diagnostic functions via SPI.
- Test points to monitoring both input signals (SPI, PWM, EN, StepClock) and the four outputs (out power stage).
- No heat-sink is required
Automotive Analog and Power
|L9942||Stepper Motor Driver for Bipolar Motors with microstepping & programmable current profile|
|L99PM62GXP||Power Management IC with LIN and high speed CAN|
|L99PM72GXP||Advanced power management system IC with embedded LIN and high speed CAN transceiver supporting CAN Partial Networking|
|L99SM81V||Programmable stepper motor driver for automotive applications with micro-stepping and stall detection|
|SPC582B60E1||32-bit Power Architecture MCU for Automotive General Purpose Applications - Chorus family|
|SPC58EC80E5||32-bit Power Architecture MCU for Automotive General Purpose Applications - Chorus family|
Diodes and Rectifiers
|STPS40L45C-Y||Automotive 46 V, 40 A dual Low Drop Power Schottky Rectifier|
|STTH15RQ06-Y||Automotive 600 V, 15 A Turbo 2 Soft Ultrafast Recovery Diode|
Microcontrollers & Microprocessors
|STM8AF52AA||Automotive 8-bit MCU with 128 Kbytes Flash, LIN, CAN, 24 MHz CPU, integrated EEPROM|
|ESDCAN01-2BLY||Automotive dual-line TVS in SOT23-3L for CAN bus (12 V system)|
|ESDCAN03-2BWY||Automotive dual-line TVS in SOT323-3L for CAN bus (12 V system)|
|ESDLIN1524BJ||Transil™, transient voltage surge suppressor diode for ESD protection|
|SM4TY||Automotive 400 W TVS in SMA|
|SM6TY||Automotive 600 W TVS in SMB|