The STM32F429/439 lines offer the performance of the Cortex-M4 core (with floating point unit) running at 180 MHz while reaching lower static power consumption (Stop mode) versus STM32F405/415/407/F417.
Performance: At 180 MHz, the STM32F429/439 deliver 225 DMIPS/608 CoreMark performance executing from Flash memory, with 0-wait states thanks to ST’s ART Accelerator. The DSP instructions and the floating point unit enlarge the range of addressable applications.
Power efficiency: ST’s 90 nm process, ART Accelerator and the dynamic power scaling enables the current consumption in run mode and executing from Flash memory to be as low as 260 µA/MHz at 180 MHz. In Stop mode, the power consumption is 120 µA typical, which is 3 times lower versus STM32F405/415/407/F417.
Graphics: The new LCD-TFT controller interface with dual-layer support takes advantage of Chrom‑ART Accelerator™. This graphics accelerator is performing content creation twice as fast as the core alone. As well as efficient 2-D raw data copy, additional functionalities are supported by the Chrom-ART Accelerator such as image format conversion or image blending (image mixing with some transparency). As a result, the Chrom-ART Accelerator boosts graphics content creation and saves processing bandwidth of the MCU core for the rest of the application.
- Audio: 2 dedicated audio PLL, 2 full duplex I²S and a new serial audio interface (SAI) supporting time division multiplex (TDM) mode
- Up to 20 communication interfaces (including 4x USARTs plus 4x UARTs running at up to 11.25 Mbit/s, 6x SPI running at up to 45 Mbit/s, 3x I²C with a new optional digital filter capability, 2x CAN, SDIO)
- Analog: two 12-bit DACs, three 12-bit ADCs reaching 2.4 MSPS or 7.2 MSPS in interleaved mode
Up to 17 timers: 16- and 32-bit running at up to 180 MHz
- Easily extendable memory range using the flexible 90 MHz memory controller with 32-bit parallel interface, and supporting Compact Flash, SRAM, PSRAM, NOR, NAND and SDRAM memories
- Analog true random number generator
- The STM32F439 integrates a crypto/hash processor providing hardware acceleration for AES-128, -192 and -256, with support for GCM and CCM, Triple DES, and hash (MD5, SHA-1 and SHA-2)
The STM32F429 and STM32F439 portfolio provides from 512-Kbyte Flash to 2-Mbyte dual-bank Flash, 256-Kbyte SRAM and from 100 to 216 pins in packages as small as 5 x 5.1 mm. With such memory integration, the need for external memory is reduced, allowing smaller, safer and low-emission PCB designs.
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Get in depth knowledge with STM32 microcontrollers On Line Trainings
High-performance and DSP with FPU, ARM Cortex-M4 MCU with 2 Mbytes Flash