ST’s portfolio of STSPIN stepper motor drivers spans from relatively simple ICs with current control and phase generation to more complex solutions that combine in a single chip all that is needed to autonomously drive a stepper motor using high-level motion commands coming from the motor or motion control system host – a microcontroller, DSP or FPGA.
Available in a large selection of space-saving, thermally-enhanced packages, STSPIN stepper motor drivers provide a ready-to-use, optimized solution for motor and motion control systems in a range of voltage and current ratings.
ST also offers a system-in-package (powerSTEP01) integrating both the control circuitry and a complete power stage (8 N-channel 16 mOhm MOSFETs) in a QFN package for compact, high-power stepper motor applications (85 V and 10 A).
The STSPIN portfolio comes with extensive low-cost evaluation hardware and software as well as a technical documentation toolbox to help minimize time to market.
The benefit of our 10 and 15 years longevity program is available for our industrial grade STSPIN motor drivers.
Smooth & silent stepper motor driver
STSPIN820 256 µsteps capable, and 45 V rated stepper motor driver perfectly suits new-generation applications, thanks to:
- Extreme position accuracy and motion smoothness: with up to 1/256 microsteps per full step
- Integration of the PWM control and the power stage made by 500 mΩ RDS(ON) MOSFETs guarantees one of the best performance-cost trade-offs
- Easy step-clock and direction interface
- 7 to 45 V operating voltage for wide range of applications
- Maximum reliability: UVLO, over-current and thermal protections
- Compact 4 x 4 mm QFN makes it the smallest integrated microstepping driver with these ratings
Extend the Runtime of Your Battery-Powered ApplicationsSTSW-SPIN002
Evaluation software with graphical user interface for STSPIN motor driver ICs
X-NUCLEO expansion boards and X-CUBE softwareX-CUBE-SPN6
Low voltage stepper motor driver software expansion for STM32CubeX-NUCLEO-IHM11M1
Low voltage three-phase brushless DC motor driver expansion board based on STSPIN230 for STM32 NucleoX-CUBE-SPN11
Low voltage three-phase brushless DC motor driver software expansion for STM32CubeX-NUCLEO-IHM12A1
Low voltage dual brush DC motor driver expansion board based on STSPIN240 for STM32 NucleoX-CUBE-SPN12
Low voltage dual brush DC motor driver software expansion for STM32Cube