The ESDAVLC8-1BT2Y is a bidirectional single-line TVS diode designed to protect data lines or other I/O ports against ESD transients.
This device is ideal for applications where both printed circuit board space and power absorption capability are required.
- Single-line bidirectional protection
- Breakdown voltage = 8.5 V min.
- Very low capacitance = 4.5 pF at 0 V
- Lead-free packages
- ECOPACK®2 compliant component
- AEC-Q101 qualified
- Very low capacitance for optimized data integrity
- Very low reverse current < 50 nA
- Low PCB space consumption: 0.6 mm2
- High reliability offered by monolithic integration
- Complies with the following standards:
IEC 61000-4-2 (exceeds level 4)
- 17 kV (air discharge)
- 17 kV (contact discharge)
ISO10605: C = 330 pF, R = 330 Ω
- 15 kV (air discharge)
- 8 kV (contact discharge)
MIL STD 883G - Method 3015-7: class 3
- HBM (human body model)
- IEC 61000-4-2 (exceeds level 4)
In this video, we explain why it is important to protect against electrostatic discharges. We give a quick demonstration to show exactly what happens when you shoot at a microcontroller with an ESD gun!
PEP01-5841, for Power over Ethernet supply lines
Introduction to surges – EOS and ESD – definition, standards, effects and root cause
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.