Silicon-controlled rectifiers (SCR), also known as thyristors, are symmetrical blocking unidirectional switching devices. Thyristors are designed in back-to-back AC circuits, resonant-pulse mode converters and rectifier-bridge converters.
With RMS current ratings up to 80 A and voltage ratings up to 1200 V, ST’s SCRs are available in a large range of through-hole and surface-mount packages.
For industrial applications where high immunity with a lower gate current is required, ST offers two package options for its 1200 V SCRs:
- The compact D²PAK package for the 25 A TN2540-12G
- The high-power, through-hole ceramic TOP3 Ins package with an isolated tab – UL 1557 standards compliant – for the 40 and 60 A TN4050-12PI and TN6050-12PI.
ST's thyristor (SCR) portfolio features:
- Logic-level SCRs, easy to drive thanks to their very low gate trigger current.
- Standard SCRs, ideal for general-purpose switching applications, such as and AC-AC or AC-DC motor control.
- High-temperature SCRs, extend SCR application operation up to 150 °C, while offering improved dynamic performance. Includes automotive-grade versions.